Apr 3, 2011

EXHAUSTED in the name of Derby

NINE hours of coaching and a sick girlfriend... yeah... the weekend was on the more exhausting side, but it was still a great time. Today was a little of a downer, since only ten girls showed up for practice - but at least I gotta jam lots and lots... on the upside was that we had four or five reffs there and some NSO. It is just amazing that we are starting to have a real reff-crew, it will improve the leauge even more! 

Crime City are looking better and better... everyone are improving greatly, and that warms my little derby heart... and extra derby-love to the girls that came to scrimmage on a sunny Sunday... Ahhhh... and then we did a bunch of awesome drills - and I am amazed how much better everyone looks for each practice... today I'm giving an extra shoot out to Alotta Riot (or Aloha Riot that we sometimes call her) for getting a babysitter so she can come. I'm telling you, Alotta has come such a looong way the past months. When I came to CCR three month ago - she had not even passed minimum skills, and now she is blocking like she was born to do it... and maybe she was!

Yesterday we did snuck in at one of the CCR girls not-going-away-party, to say goodbye to her and wish her a great time in Asia... ahh.. sometimes I wish I was not so obsessed with derby and crave smooth asphalt or derby-tracks on my every travel... Oh oh oh... this summer I will be coaching at Rally in the Vally in Stuttgart and also in Holland... and maybe some other places... but just a month from now I will be coaching at MayDay in Hell in Helsinki - the snow better be gone by then.

It is fun to share derby with your girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment