Mar 14, 2011

Bouting in Sweden - my first


There is a first for everything - and this was Malmös first bout - and it was both mine and Malous first bout in Sweden. I htink lot's of people forget that Loony has only skated one bout before - and she did really great - she scored a 25 point jam.... But Loony, Fenix and Ninja all did great jamming and I did what I do best - killed the jammer (theirs, not ours) and so did the rest of the team. It went quite well - we won 132-88... I am really excited over Swedish rollerderby - it is going places - considering that a year ago Malmö did not even exist as a leauge.

I was very tempted to jam - but I have learned to not give into temptation - so I just kept on trucking - and so did the rest of the team - and it was fun and we had a great time. The audience was lovly and even better - my brotehr was in it, also some friends from Stockholm - but I have a sneaking suspision that they were cheering for Stockholm... bastards - I still love them. And it was great to see Husse again - my beloved Husse.


And at the afterparty I got to marry Fenix and Bea - may they stay forever as happy derby wives... and then we went for pancakes at Fenix house - and after that I slept quickly before we had to return to Limhamn and oversee a scrimmage/reff-training we had.It was great to see that my friend Jessica has passed minimum skills with Stockholm and got to skate in the scrimmage - that is what I am saying - derby is soooo much fun to play!!

Crime Citys next bout is against a mixed Nothingham team - and after that we are going to Paris! Yaya - I cannot wait for exciting derby adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment