Nov 16, 2010

My tilted and jilted body!


So I have not really had a derby break since I started playing with Jet City in December 2007... I just have a hard time taking breaks, it just is not for me... but it has started to show, well maybe not show, but feel on my body right now. My knees are hurting, so is my back and shoulder... and it is not only because it is a full-contact sport, but also because we go around in quite a small tight little circle and all muscles get different preassure... Our bodies acctually become a little tilted and jilted, so we are becoming aerodynamic with the derbytrack... HA... BUT my dear friends, this come with the cost of pain! So for once I know we have tried to run practices in opposite direction, but we probably only skate 10% of practices in opposite direction, and to even out those poor bodies we would need more like 40-50% of practices to be ran in opposite directions...

I really do encourage leauges to run a few of their drill in opposite direction, it really really work wonders for your body, and also your skills... two flies in one swat!

So I am going on a slight derby break now, just until the end of January, I will attend practices, help run practices, I will travel for derby to help... all that I can do, I just also will put together a strength training program that will get me back to a less tilted and jilted person, as it is right now I cannot drive more than 45 min, and I get pains shooting down the entire right side and I have to stop... like really HAVE to stop!

To be fair, I have never been this fit, not since I was 20years old, and snowboarding was just another sport where you use your different sides in an uneven way, getting your body all uneaven... yeah, Iguess I know how to pick 'em...

But since we all know I need motivation, I decided to challange a girl from Paris in armwrestling (this might have started as a joke on facebook) and that is what I'm getting buff for, December 11th.. .at the German Championships!

3 comments:

  1. I challenge you to arm wrestling 2012, that gives me some time to get prepared properly :D


    Tigre

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm. that doesn't sound much like a break to me missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Tigre... you are on!

    Deat Pie... I have a very.... very vauge understanding off what a break is!

    ReplyDelete