Nov 15, 2010

Skating and Stockholm


Today I walked and had lunch with Kix DeVille, one of Stockholm’s rollergirls, had a terrible, really terrible sandwich at Wayne’s Coffee but the coffee was great, so I guess you win some, you loose some. That’s right, that’s life, as we know it. Except from the extremely disappointing sandwich it was a nice lunch. Kix was trying to talk me into going skating at the local indoor skate park tonight… and I must say I’m quite intrigued, but my back is still hurting and I am not completely opposed to just laying around on the couch and watching Swedish TV (that be an American shows with subtitles…). I don’t have Internet at home, so my sources of other fun are limited. I am not even iPhone borne here I have a Sony Ericsson with a cracked shield from 2004… (It was the shit back then)


I walked Drottninggatan from the city center back home to my ‘borough’… it takes about 25min, Stockholm is Sweden’s largest city, but it is hard to compare it to any of the American cities that I have lived in, it is populations wise larger than Seattle but is more compact and urbanized that Seattle… and nothing compares to NYC, so I try not to generalize or compare, even if it slightly entertains me to think of Drottninggatan as Stockholm’s 5th Avenue… Yes, I am laughing to myself….


(And YES, I ended up going skating, and it was FUN FUN FUN and AWESOME)

No comments:

Post a Comment