Sep 25, 2012

Rugby Practice - a new sport?

When i was younger I was not so into sports - except from snowboarding and I would do some off-snow once in a while, just becuse I knew it would make me a better snowboarder. So for a few months 10 years ago I practiced with a rugbyteam here in Stockholm - I sucked, I was both scared of the ball, the other girls and the full contact part...

So I don't know what happened - but I love to work out - I feel shitty if I don't, and it makes my body feel great. I guess I use it as an excuse to eat everything that my heart desires... And my heart does desire lots and lots of candy, vegetables, marängswiss and more rice cakes...

So me and Becky were talking about that we should try rugby - don't ask me why - probably because its a full contact sport and we love a good challenge... And a week later I found a "try rugby with us" event on Facebook and knowing I should know better we signed up....
 I once dated a girl that I met when she was with her rugbyteam on a pub crawl and she was totally batcrazy (but also really AWESOME)... Yeah... but that did not end so well, but I guess all rugby girls don't have to be like that, and I'm not about to date anyone, just play the sport... I probably should know better than get involved in another full contact sport! Well, well...but  Ankefar from CCR also plays rugby - and her being one of Swedens best jammers - sort of made us quite sure that rugby at least wouldn't be bad for us...

We got there and the girls were superfriendly and we got to run, throw the ball, that really is not round, and therefore it's not a ball, we alls got to tackle big blue cushions - and even if I might have gotten a slight headache from teh violence of me throwing myself onto this big round cushion throwing myself to the ground, I was having a blast... It was wet and a little cold and I was really having a REALLY GOOD TIME! It was also quite nice to suck really bad, and just try, and try and try and fight to learn somethign new without any expectations to have any answers at all...

It was SUPERFUN - I loved it! Not as much fun as derby - but I always have room for more sports in my life...so maybe an option for those Tuesdays and Thursdays when I don't have derby practice...

Oh, and if you happen to live in Stockholm and wanna go try it next Tuesday... do it! I think we might go again...


If it's not round, it's not really a ball... right...?
Loony and Becky gettign ready to tackle our new sport...

No comments:

Post a Comment