Mar 13, 2012

A few things... of today

I'm not really well, I have a cold that seem to linger and never fully let go of me, yesterday Ifelt extreamly bad, but Istill made it to practice that I ran together with Becky Lawless. I have a really hard time not going to practice if I'm able to stand up.
First hour was our intermediate group and we just worked with lots of juking and speedcontrol, and then had the combined pracice with blocking exercises and some jammers hell before the advanced group got to do their thing, and our thing was fun, even if Ijust got to watch with my skates on...

It is SO frustrating to not being able to skate at times, not only because you are running practice - but also because you are feeling crappy and sick. Especially the days when half the teams attention span seem to be limited to 5 seconds...

On the brighter sidewe found out today that we are getting another practice space in the middle of April until July, that is much better and cheaper than our current Go-Cart Hall. I must say I will not miss having to shout intructions over the running engines of 10 go-carts going fullspeed on the track next to our track... Imust say that photos taken in the Go Cart Hall do have some cool grassroot feeling to it... and from all I know - we might be back in the Go Cart Hall again in August... senior non-elite sports for women are not really high on the priority lists....

Another fun thing of today is that it's Alotta Riots B-day... or as we like to call her Aloha! I miss her and I hope she is havign an amazing birthday! You can also find her blog here if you just wanna say Happy Birthday to her...

1 comment: