Jan 14, 2015

An old Facebook status I wanted to share...

This will be a long post, it's about how I bought a pair of rollerskates, fell into the lap of rollerderby and never turned back.  It's about how I always strive to be the best I can be; as a skater, coach, teammate, person and friend. It is about not crumbling under pressure and expectations, it's about all the friends I've made and the weird rumours I've heard about myself. It's about how fit I've become, about the countless hours I've put into planning, accommodating and helping others. It's about how thankful I am to every person that been there along the way, how every coach and teammate has pushed me in different ways, how we together have won, lost and afterpartied. It is about all the places I've traveled to, all the airports I've visited and the awards I've gotten. It's about being different and accepted. It's about all the games I've played, coached and watched. It's about being nervous and not showing it, it's about pepptalks, broken skates, broken hearts and suprises. It's about trust and smiles, it's about the wins, beers and injuries. It's about two whistles that became one and it's about women, men and juniors, it's about long meetings, phonecalls, tears and lack of training facilities. It's about taking the time, working out and soreness, it's about falling in love and it's about the past seven years of my life... 

No comments:

Post a Comment