Feb 23, 2013

Running practice and then drinking (alcoholfree) beer

Caught in the action...
For some reason I haven't really been excited about coaching for a bit. I've just felt like I haven't been progressing and I'm just spending time on others. I know it's not the way it is, but sometimes it just feels that way...
BUT for some reason everything changed when I went to Montpellier and coached with Fenix and Pooky. I realised I acctually LOVE to coach and that it is superduperfun to see how everyone progresses.
I am one of those coaches that will yell at you to get better, I will make you skate for the entire three hours if we have a three hour practice... Yesterday we had a three hour practice - and my amazing leauge skated hard for three hours! I felt when our A-team skated against Crime City that we all needed some more endurance and also to work on our footwork, I figured if that is what the A-team need, then it's probably what the rest of the league need too... So skills and footwork - with mixed in endurance was what we did... For three hours... And almost everyone lasted the entire practice!
We might look crazy but we smell good
We have a bunch of girls that jus passed their minimum-skills a few weeks ago, and they are all looking stellar! I am EXCITED to coach everyone in our amazing leauge! Yay Stockholm Rollerderby, we ROCK!

After practice we sprayed some "smell good" on, washed our wrists and hit downtown Stockholm... Well, a few of us did, some other people hit up the pizza place, and that was probably smarter... After an (alcoholfree) beer I was just too tired to even think and hungry as a wolf, since I hadn't had time to eat before practice, so I just had to go home... and so I did...


Kix, Salivet and Becky....

No comments:

Post a Comment