Feb 15, 2012

Practice planned....

Benchcoaching in Helsinki May 2011
Today is an ''everyone practice'' and tehn we will have an hour for the girls that are going to Stuttgart this weekend. We are acctually starting with a team meeting for the group that is going to Stuttgart, while Crackher will start the warm-up with everyone else.
I am super excited to go to Stuttgart this weekend, it will be mine and Loonys second bout with Stockholm, and that is always exciting, it finally start to feel like we are a part of Stockholm Rollerderby. I've been coaching quite a lot, and I really enjoy coaching a leauge, a little more than just coaching at boot-camps.

Don't get me wrong, I love coaching at boot-camps and hold practices for other leauges, but it is something special about seeing your own team progress and develop, it makes you proud and excited. It is easier to come up with drills for your own leauge since you know what they should work on...
If you know that they have a problem with lifting their feet, you can sit home and think about what the best way to target it would be... YEAH... I do spend alot of time thinking about drills and developing already existing drills, or what drills that will work well together. Yepp... I am really nerdy like that... I do it during work, I keep a document open and fill in drills during the day and then in the ned of teh day I print it and bring it to practice... very neat... I like it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment