Feb 14, 2012

Icebox might be thawing


Halleluja - our practice space was not THAT cold yesterday, it was just cold, but no worse than it was acctually enjoyable to skate. We still could see our breath,  but it wasn’t painful to breath…

So yesterday was advanced practice,  for now advanced practice in Stockholm Rollerderby refeers to everyone that has passed minimumskills, so we were quite a bunch.  It was superfun - I was leading practice and time just went flying. I think there is one of my issues, that I just want to cover EVERYTHING, but I have to tone it down and narrow down each practice to just target a few things.

Since the practice space have turned into a fridge, we have started every practice with Black Widdow, and so we did yesterday, but with a few adjustments, we did the ten, eight and six laps with a partner instead of alone... My main focus of the practice was to work with a partner, not in a huge group, but with a partner.

Yesterday was a fun day of coaching, and everyone seemed really excited, we had about 25 girls on-skates in our advanced group, and I was so happy to see so many ppl work so hard. It makes me happy, both as a coach, but also as a team-mate. It was probably an extra motivator that it wasn't as cold as it has been previous weeks...

I had a great time, and I'm proud of Stockholm Rollerderby and how hard everyone are working and developing... and on Friday we will be taking off to Stuttgart to bout. So Wednesday is our last practice before... I'm starting to get a little nervous... brrrrrr.... hopefully it will be a good match-up! It will be mine and Loonys second bout with Stockholm Rollerderby... 


I am really excited to get to hang out with Titty during Friday, she is one of my favorite Germans… she has promised to spend Fridday showing us Stuttgart...


No comments:

Post a Comment