Nov 27, 2010

Speedskating with Stockholm Rollerderby


Today Stockholm invited a trainer from Stockholm Speedskaters, and it was interesting. He had some really good off-skates exercises practicing form and balance. The main problem was that he was not really familiar with quads, and that caused some problems in the on-skate drill, nothing major, but some were a little awkward on quads. It was still quite an informative and different practice.

The floor in Farsta Hallen, were Stockholm had tonights practice is really slick, and I really think I need to get myself a pair of Stingers for those slick floors. I have been spoiled in US with those nice sportcourt floors (even Gothams Crashpad was better when the floor was pulling apart and we had cracks in it)... But you know, one day ''sigh''... one day...

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the wheel fairy will send you some wheels, or better yet give you some next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stalking your blog- because I will be back in Stockholm from May 2011 through the end of 2011-and I am hoping I can help out the Stockholm league in some way. I have taken note of this post and advised myself to bring hybrid wheels with me! I hope our paths cross...I'll be on the West Coast of America March/April the quick stop home in Tasmania and then to my second home- Stockholm through the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete