May 18, 2011

Coching, slacking and skating

me and husse

It is interesting to coach in so many ways - there are the people that work so hard and never realize how amazing they are, since they always believe they can be better, and then there the ones that think that they are better than everyone else and therefore don't have to work hard, there are the ones that easily get distracted by personal issues and there are the ones that blame other people for not succeeding. I think I might have a little of everything in me, but I am mostly a person that see all the wrongs I do - and therefore never get to enjoy the moments I truly did really well, because I could have done better.
It annoys the hell out of me everytime I do something dumb on the track, go for a big hit and whiff or run into someones back - and that will be played in my head over and over for the next weeks... but I have to learn to also remember the great moments... we are almost always our worst enemies - if we let our personal stuff get in the way of our performance, if we belive that it is others that stand in out way of success or if it is plain lazyness... me myself is the onlyone that can surpass my own expectaions and I am also the only one that can truly give myself the pat on the shoulder.
It is probably a good thing that I didn't become a gymnast, because I probably would have killed myself in the hunt for a perfect score. And now I just strive to become a good coach, to make everyone work harder, overcome the little things and win together... and also have fun, fun, and fun together...
I have said this a thousand times, and will probably another thousand times

''Hard work will always win over talent, when talent don't work hard.''

Just imagine when talent is working hard, then the hard workers just will have to work even harder... I guess I'm an odd-duck, but hard work and sweat makes me happy, and it inspires me, and I think it is fun.

2 comments:

  1. Klokaste orden jag har läst idag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome words!!!! Truly 100% on the mark.-Jack Hammer'D central mass roller derby in the US player and coach

    ReplyDelete