Feb 6, 2013

EROC day TWO

Titty, me, Kosmic and Bananna on our way to the venue

Another day of getting up early - even if it's technically my day off - yaya... When will I get to sleep in? Well, at least not when EROC is going on... and it's exciting enough for me to not mind getting up by the crack of dawn...

Breakfast with everyone before the first "class" that contained two hours of Bloody Mary going over the new rule-set with some Q & A. I enjoyed going thruogh it all, and I took notes in Swedish, thought it might make it more accessable for some of my skaters that are native Swedish. It's interesting when you think about it, how much easier lots of things are in your native languauge and that is also one of the things we touched upon during the weekend, the language barrier... In general Swedes are quite good in English, so we get around quite well, but it probably has to do with that nothing really gets translated ever, who really cares enought to translate something to such a small language as Swedish... There is about a maximum of ten million people speaking Swedish as a first language...
Ah, well.... that was off topic, but Bloody Mary did a great presentation on the new rule-set and gave us some pointers about things that are quite important not to miss out on.
Well, whatever is cleaver, after teh two hours of new rules I headed into a disskussiongroup with WFTDA reps and reps for National Organizations...

EROC ended as always with a HUGE discussion with ALL the attendees... and once again we ended up talking about WFTDA and our National Organizations. I had to stand up and do an impromptu presentation about the Swedish Skating Federation infront of over 100 ppl. Made me nervous...

After that we went and scrimmaged, and it was GREAT fun, black v.s white, and we were about 40 ppl on each team, so we ended up splitting our team to only play one half. I played the first half and got to play with Rotation and Mainey and also Sabo and Bunny from Copenhagen. So it was good times and fun, felt like it was well-deserved after 2 days off siting down... argh... it does seem like everyone are catching some sort of  sickness, Shevil was hiding at home all weekend, and that was sad, because she is one of my favorites... she did come out for dinner ... I am CROSSING my fingers I didn't catch the derbyonic pleauge...

Dinner was with some of my favorite Berliners and Americans and it was classy and vegetarian, I love eating out in Berlin, soooo many options! MMmmm... rollerderby and food.... life is not about to get much better! 

Last BIG discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment